To learn more about each of the following Community Service opportunities, contact the church directly
- Catholic Charities – St. Jude Parish actively supports Catholic Charities of Chattanooga through monetary donations and with the volunteer work of many of our parishioners.
- Chattanooga Room in the Inn – St. Jude Parish actively supports Chattanooga Room in the Inn by monetary donations and through the active participation of our parishioners.
- Circle of Friends – Separated or divorced, and determined to rediscover your spiritual self? You are not alone! The Chattanooga Deanery’s Circle Of Friends offers information, support and opportunities for growth.
- Community Kitchen – Prepare and serve meals to the homeless under the direction of the Community Kitchen manager. Children at least 10 years old may volunteer if accompanied by a parent.
- Food Bank – Participants fill boxes with nonperishable food items that go to the needy. They also can deliver prepared food in a refrigerated truck on Monday or Thursday. Participants need to be available during normal work hours.
- Food Preparation – Parishioners willing to prepare food for families in crisis (separate from the Bereavement ministry). This ministry will be closely associated with the Helping Hands ministry.
- Good Samaritan – Support the parish Good Samaritan works by bringing needed items to Mass scheduled on the Sundays listed in the Church Bulletin.
- Haiti Sister Parish – Supporting needs of our sister Parish in Haiti
- Helping Hands – Providing a variety of services to parishioners in need including transportation, preparing food, yard work, minor repairs etc.
- Homebound Visitation – Visit homebound members of our parish. Visitors will be assigned one or more persons to visit on a continuing basis.
- Hospital Hospitality Volunteers – Each month, a group or family agrees to buy packaged, single-portioned snacks and drop them off on Wed mornings at the Memorial Hixon ER.
- Hospitality Volunteers – Provides hospitality for Pastor-sponsored functions. Duties vary and can include set-up, decoration, preparing and serving food.
- Ladies of Charity – St. Jude Parish actively supports The Ladies of Charity of Chattanooga through monetary donations and with the volunteer work of many of our parishioners.
- Ministering to the Incarcerated – Our Lay/Clergy Teams strive to serve the male and female inmates of the Hamilton County Jail and Silverdale Confinement facilities on a regular basis providing priestly, diaconal, and lay ministry.
- Pro-Life Ministry – The Pro-Life Committee is a group of volunteers striving to inform and to motivate fellow parishioners.
- Wellness Cabinet – This ministry prepares programs for parishioners that promote a healthy body, mind and spirit. These programs are offered periodically and open to everyone.
- The Home Place – The Home Place provides a home in a supportive and compassionate environment for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Unemployed help – Support group for persons that are unemployed or becoming unemployed.